America is known for multiculturalism. Different cultures, traditions, towns, monuments, historical places and the contemporary and upbeat night life. All of this makes USA a place to be for the tourists from all over the world. The country is pretty much a land of hidden opportunities. People come here with a dream and make it happen.
The country is very welcoming and accommodates just about everyone. It is the hub of all the cultural, traditional and progressive activities. The country is known for its amusement parks, Hollywood and love for sports.
The country also enjoys the fair share of natural beauty and present day architecture and entertainment facilities that this country has to offer. It will be impossible for any tourist in the country to make its way towards the farthest destinations of America via cabs. Not only impossible but will also be extravagantly costly. Traveling in US will be far more comfortable and adventurous if you have a ride at your convenience at all times.
Hiring a Car in USA
Renting a car in America is not that much of a big deal. People rent cars all the time and it is a very common, affordable, convenient and hassle-free process.
For renting a car, you at least have to be of the legal age in America. In some states, the rules may vary so it is best to ask your dealer about it to avoid any sort of complications later on. Some people rent a car and even travel to different states or sometimes to Canada. But not many car dealers offer this facility. If you intend to leave your city or state, it is best that you ask your dealer about any such limitations. We recommend the following car rental websites that you can book from:
Prices of Car Hiring
There are a lot of car rental companies available across USA. These companies also provide you services outside of the USA. Due to the abundance of dealers and cars in the country, renting a car even at the last minute is never a problem. You can always book it online or from your nearest dealer upon your arrival.
However, prices of renting a car may vary. The options for renting a car are very flexible. You can get a car on rent on per day rates as well as on weekly basis. The prices of renting a car depend upon the nature, built, model and the maker of the car as well. The prices range from $15 to $100 per day.
Fuel policy in USA
The country has no specific fuel petrol laws, rules, and regulation for tourist and the car dealers. The country only regulates the prices of the fuel available at the fuel stations.
Fuel Policy by the Car Dealers
The car dealers in America are usually operating in most parts of the world and Europe, so the fuel policy by the car dealers are precisely the same as you would find in any other part of the world.
The fuel policies available in United States are:
Full-to-Empty Tank Policy: You get a full tank from the dealer and you return him an empty tank. Payment is made in advance for the fuel.
Full-to-Full Tank Policy: You get a full tank from the dealer and you return him a full tank.
Pay on Return Tank Policy: You get a full tank and you only pay for the fuel you have used on your return.
Popular Destinations in USA
America has several states and a lot of tourist destination to offer to the travelers that head towards different cities and states of America to live the much talked about American high-life. From long walks in Boston to Cold evenings in New York and welcoming culture of the small towns in the outskirts, America offers many reasons for everyone to love the great country.
The popular destinations that every tourist must visit once in their lifetime are:
- Walt Disney World
- Yellowstone National Park
- Washington Monument
- Yosemite National Park
- Fisherman’s Wharf
- SeaWorld San Diego
- Times Square
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Grand Canyon
- National Mall
- Faneuil Hall
- Alaska Native Heritage Center
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Hollywood Boulevard
And while you are at it, it is understandable that all these places would be just a lot to cover in one trip. But if you must, you should definitely visit these cities:
- New York
- New Orleans
USA Road Rules
In United States, car driving is on the right side. Therefore, it is foreseeable that the steering is on the left. This makes it a little difficult for the drivers from Europe, Australia and other countries to drive. In America, there are no special road rules. The driving and road rules are pretty much the same everywhere. However, the speed limit, penalties and fines may vary in case of any concern or incident.
- Give way to school bus, kids, and ambulances.
- It is illegal to use mobile phone s while driving. Hands-free, however, are allowed.
- It is illegal to harness your pets or any other animal on the roof top.
- Honking is prohibited in some states of America and it is advised to be used only in case of a possible accident.
- Even if it is a go signal and a pedestrian is on the crossing. The cars must wait until they have crossed over.
Penalties & Fines
The penalties and fines fluctuate and depend upon the state in which you are driving. But the penalties are pretty much the same in terms of the procedure.
- For instance if you are found speeding, It depends upon the points you have scored. If you score more than 6 points at any given time you will be fined about $100 dollars and you will have to pay the fine for 3 years.
If you earn any additional points in these 3 years you would probably have to pay additional fine.
- You have pay your fine with in due time. In case you fail to do so, your license will be confiscated. You can get it redeemed by paying a fine of $70 plus other charges.
- You can be drawn on side at any time to be tested for alcohol level in your system. If you defer to comply so you will have to pay the penalty of about $250 dollars for 3 years.
- If you are found guilty of the civil laws with zero tolerance then you might have to pay a fine of $125.
- If you are caught texting while driving the fine varies according to state for instance in California the fine is as low as $20 but in Alaska you probably have to serve a year in jail and a good $10,000 fine. Be careful.
Speeding limits in America vary from state to state and depends upon the nature of the route. It is best to be aware of the speeding limits in the state you are driving.
Urban/Metropolitan/Downtown: 60-75 km/h
Secondary/Out of station small lanes: 55-65 km/h
Small/ limited excess routes: 45-65 km/h
Motorways/Highways/Underpass: 65-80 km/h